Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New wheels mounted :)

So, after I have (again :) ) received new parts from Miguel at neweraparts.com I have decided to go to the garage and have the wheels mounted to the car.




This had 2 different goals:
  1. To see the clearance of the fixed parts under the car to the ground
  2. To see if the wheels fit and if something is rubbing
  3. And to see how much space I have between the wheel and the wheel arch
The conclusion at the moment is that i have to do something with my catalyst because it doesn't have enough (legal) clearance to the ground. I'm talking about approx. 0.5cm. Probably I will try and take the lower heat shild (if I saw it right) away. And the second conclusion is that there is (speaking from the optical point of view) too much clearance between the rear wheels and the wheel arches, but again, if I try and minimize this, I will have even more clearance issues.

Now for the wheels on the car :)







Even though the car looks to have a lot's of clearance to the ground, it is slightly under the Austrian regulations. The thing is it has that all parts which are fixed to the body have to have a ground clearance of minimum 11cm. It's not clear yet if the catalist counts, but at the moment the catalist is at 10cm ground clearance. So now there are several solutions:
  1. Catalyst doesn't count as a part which is fixed to the body - in this case the car has to go lower by approx. 1 cm
  2. Catalyst does count - in this case I will probably take the heat shield off it
  3. There is a new regulation which changed the min. ground clearance from 11cm to either 8cm or 9cm - I have to clear this with the homologation office. In this case the car needs lowering and probably I will take off the CAT heat shield :)
In any case, these are probably my final modifications for at least two weeks since I have won a business trip to S. Korea and will not be able to do anything from there! After that I have two weeks of vacation and hope to get the car homologated during this period of time!

Cheers,
RoB

No comments:

Post a Comment