As promised in the previous post, I wanted to show You what I've done to the wheel arches.
First everything was sandblasted. You can get the idea in the next pictures.
Then, all overlapings where there were welding points were sealed of with Terroson 53 with a brush.
After a 2-day healing period, I decided to put a special black coat of Alkyton color to it. This color is usually used to paint the engines and to seal and protect them from rust. If it is good for engines then it's probably good for the arches as well. The paint is very viscous and usually put on with a brush which I did. Nearly one week later I had a look at the arches and I was really stunned by the outcome. A very nice and even coat of black paint which should give me a very long protection from rust. As it seems it will protect from stone chips and hits as well. We'll see.
In the meantime, while I was painting the arches, my girlfriend was busy painting the front crash bar with the same color. I'm not very satisfied with the outcome of this as the sand blasted surface was not very optimal but for a part which is not visible from outside, it should work. Unfortunately no pictures of it yet.
Anyway, during the sandblasting process, I have finally managed to remove all the Brunox stuff from the car as I was not satisfied with how slow it is hardening and that after 3 or 3.5 months it was still not paintable.
After the removal, I have cleaned all these sandblasted areas with the silicone cleaner used by professional painting workshops and covered those areas with the 2k-Epoxy ground in order to avoid any possible rust generation. Pictures will follow...
And I am very proud that with a little help from a friend I have finally managed to get the gold reflective foil for this car. It will cover a part of the firewall on the exhaust side, probably my new carbon separating device (separation of the engine bay from the air inlet) and the area over the gearbox. Was not very cheap but it was worth it and I think it will look amazing. :)