Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ganador mirror repair and cleaning part 1.

As I had some spare time, I decided to go on and clean the co drivers mirror. During the process I've noticed that the plastic part (rear side of the mirror) is not completely bonded to the glass. Before i took those two pieces apart I decided to take a sharp knife and to make the contour marks on the rear of the glas part (the one which is connected to the plastic part) in order to be able to assemble it back in the way that it was before.

 

So I took the two pieces apart and started cleaning them. Fist I got rid of all this double sided tape without any special cleaning agent. After this I applied some brake cleaner in order to remove the last parts and after that i cleaned the back of the glass with some glass cleaner. 
Before:




After:

 
I also noticed that the rear side was magnifying but also, that everything which is approx. 1m away is blurry, so no use for that.

Backside:


Front side:


After cleaning I used a double sided tape with extra power, which I use all the time at home. It's more expensive than the normal double sided glue, but it's worth it!


And this was the plastic part after the glue tape:


After finishing marying the two parts together, I noticed that the same gap from before is still present, which now I could understand and now I know that this was not due to temperature bending or similar. Anyway, now it's clean.

The repairing will happen soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment