Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cleaning of some other parts

It started by taking off the right sideskirt and the front spat. Because those were really dirty I wanted to give those a really nice wash. In the near future, I will do so for every body kit. I just need to take them off the car first.

These shot were taken in order to have a clear picture where to apply the new double sided glue after the cleaning.




I also unmounted the armrest, the middle part of the center console, the control unit for the lights and wiper, above the steering wheel and the plastics underneath the steering wheel and some other small parts. Some of them I've put in the dish washer together with the Ganador mirrors and some of them I have washed by hand with some standard cleaning liquid, warm water and toothbrush. You wouldn't believe how much dirt I've managed to remove. Yaiks, disgusting!

Pictures prior to cleaning to remember where the sealing was:






Vent after the cleaning and applying of the window sealant tape:




The center console had a crack in it so I thought it might be a good idea to apply some super glue and some plastic molding to it. The result is not the best and out of interest I will try to melt the visible part of this console together to cover the crack (following...)!



After cleaning:


I didn't take pictures of everything I've cleaned but I will try to for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment