Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Some new parts from ISA racing and fitting the new brake system pt. 1

Hi all!

Last couple of weeks I was busy rearranging my garage, making some space for the stuff I'm waiting for and basically cleaning of some parts.

Last week my ISA racing order (at least a part of it) arrived (within 2 days from Germany to Austria).
It included 2 SPAL fans for my new radiator, fan mountings, Aerocatch bonnet locks, and some small pieces needed to finish the car.


So on Sunday, I was busy finishing the stuff which I could finish.
First thing on the list was to fit the fans to the radiator and to fit the superseal connectors to the cables as I'm fan of those! Here's the result:






Next thing was to fit the new water temperature sensor into this hose adapter. I know, it's a 5 minutes job, but it still needs to be done! The reason for the water temperature sensor is that I'm going to connect it to a programmable micro sps which will monitor my temperature and switch the fans according to my programmed limits.



Further on, I have finished wiring of my reverse and fog light as few months back I didn't have the correct pins for the connector. Now this is done as well. No pictures as there's really nothing to see :)

I also started to remove the rear HICAS cylinder as i will fit the dummy pipe instead. I really don't like it if "something" interferes into my driving. The dummy pipe came from whiteline and was originally painted silver with a clear coat on it! Not to forget, that the silver paint was cracked under the clear coat after the delivery! So, as this was bothering me and as I want nearly all parts to be "under the radar" i stipped the paint off (awful job for this geometry) and painted it matt black. Results will hopefully be seen in the next post.
I also started dismounting the HICAS arms but I had to find out that I didn't have suitable tools for this as I need a 30mm wrench. This will happen during the upcoming weekend!

However, the most motivating thing for me was to remove the rear brakes and put on the new ones. As it was late already for a Sunday evening I only got to mount the passenger side rear brake without the braided brake hose. Anyway this was a very motivating moment for me as I saw that finally something is moving on and things are getting done. Hope that within next two weeks the engine bay will be painted andthat I can finally start assembling the car back together!



Cheers,
RoB


No comments:

Post a Comment