Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cleaning the engine bay

Well, with the engine out of the car, I have got a clear picture of the actual mess that was inside the engine bay!






So, i decided to clean and to respray it! Here I have to say a really big thank You to my significant other for helping me out! Even though she was cold, she stood there for nearly 5 hours and cleaned the engine bay and the surrounding nearly without a break! Amazing! Offcourse I did it too, just in case You think I let her work and do nothing!

Also, I have cleaned all the rusty spots and treat them with some Brunox anti rust chemical stuff which is a base coat as well. Now, there are only the lower door hinges which need some treatment and the front is ready to be repainted. Also I have covered everything in foil for the painting process!









A lots of parts were sandblasted last week. E.g. The intake manifold, camshaft, timing belt and ignition coil covers and should be painted this weekend with the wrinkle black color. I'm looking forward to the finished product!
The engine hood hinges, engine carrier arms and some auxiliary mounts were sand blasted too and painted mat black as they will not be visible but I also didn't want to leave them unpainted. It looks cool though! :)
I'll put some pictures up in the next post!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment