Thursday, August 29, 2013

... and on the car!

After giving You some updates what happened in/with the garage, now some updates on the car.

First of all I finished wiring of the rear fog light. Now it includes the functional rear fog light and the illuminated switch. I also decided not to go on with the stock connector type and change the connector to an AMP sealed type one.

Since I will no longer use the radio, for the fog light I used the radio fuse. Unfortunately, for this I had to soldier the wires to the fuse connector. Normally I wouldn't recommend any soldiering in the car because soldiering is basically always a weak point but at the moment, for the homologation process I wanted it to look clean and professional so I didn't really had a choice.




Don't be confused by the reverse light. The car was in reverse and the engine was offcourse not running. Just wanted to see the contrast and the difference between those two lights. I decided I will definitely change the reverse light and all other lights to LED types as soon as the car is homologated.

The next thing was to exchange the front left drive shaft boot. Before, it looked something like this:



Now this was a special adventure. First my father organized some aftermarket boots but after removing the shaft from the car we quickly noticed that the aftermarket boot was a crap. First of all one of those two came without the clamps and both came without the grease!? WTF?? Anyway, they wouldn't fit anyway because apparently the housing of the engine side of the drive shaft isn't round at all. Doesn't matter, returned the aftermarket boot without any problem and ordered an original one from Nissan. 1.5 hours later it was exchanged and the car was ready to drive again. Yay :)

Some minor works were to adjust the front toe since the car was pulling to the right and to put the interior back together again after the long time. I also gave some other parts a nice cleaning and put them back into the car again. And I took the nasty rusting stuff from the car, grinded it and put it back onto the car. Sorry, no after pictures.




I know, this stuff is not really visible, but I know that there is rust on the car and I don't want to have it!

I also took the wiper arms off the car and after some grinding I gave them a new color treatment. Looks nice :)





Off course not to forget that I finally installed the torque split controller controls. The initial plan was to use the clock housing since the clock wasn't working, but my attempt to drill through it was not successful. So I decided to make the front plate out of carbon which I had at home and use the back of the clock housing to cover up the PCB of the torque split controller controls. Here's everything put back from the drivers point of view:



Next steps: finding a proper LED lighting for the interior and homologating the car. This should happen next week or latest in two weeks! Then if the garage is finished, I can finally remove HICAS and search for the oil leaking spot which I assume is the sandwich plate for the oil relocation kit.

Until then, keep on driving! :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment