Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Garage is comming on pretty well

Hi all,

My last post was long time ago as I was on a business trip and had a lot to do.

Now I've finally found some time to write some news on here.

My Garage is finally getting done as we speak.
What has changed?

Firstly, I have washed the whole floor with the pressure washer. Now, even though I'm not 100% satisfied, it looks much cleaner and I can work with this. The agreement with my landlord was to have a nice floor put in the garage somewhere in the summer next year. Can't wait :)

Second thing was to put all the shelves into the garage and fill them with the stuff which I have collected over the past few weeks/months.




The most important thing for working in the garage this year was to get the heating system installed by the landlord. Unfortunately he didn't tell me this in advance and started to work and sledgehammer through the wall without having the car backed up or all the stuff covered up.
What I ended with is shelves and stuff full of dust which i can clean after they finish the job (off course, who else should do it? it's not their fault that all of a sudden this stuff appeared in the garage while they were working!?) and paint the wall where the heater was before.



Also, notice my new sink with a small closet for various stuff! I like it. And I have warm water. Like it even more.
You can see the new blower with the heater as well. I really don't understand why they didn't go higher with it, but I actually don't care as long as this thing works properly.

Next things to do:
  • Paint the wall behind the sink and where the heater was
  • Get the sink to work (exchange the siphon which the guys broke during their work)
  • Clean the f****** mess
  • Clean the working room
  • Install some breadboards over the working desks
  • Buy stainless steel plates to cover the working desks and install them
  • Install all the fixed equipment (drill, bench grinder, bench vice...)
  • Refill the compressor oil
  • Clean the groove again and fix the wall cover panels.
Basically not all of the thing are necessary and some of them will be done when I have to wait for some car parts and won't have anything else to do.

Keep on reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment