Thursday, May 22, 2014

Long time no hear

Hey ho!

I'm back again with alot of job done in the meantime.

Firstly, I finally mounted the TOMEI sump baffle into the oil sump. Unfortunately, the oil seal that I ordered nearly 2 months ago (and offcourse allready paid), still hasn't arrived. I also don't have any status on the part so it might take some more time.


Finally, after a long wait as I wanted all parts send together, they arrived few weeks back. It was actually two packages that looked the same. It was like Christmas. Seats, Clutch, Oilpump, Waterpump, all sealings and so on and so on.




Put the clutch on the scales to have a comparison to the old one. However, I just need to weight the old one :)


A few weeks later the Tomei pistons and conrods arrived. Shouldn't have been necessary in first place, but since the car was not in a promised state, I need to make the first oversize on my cylinders and rebuild the whole engine! At least now I don't need to worry about my power level and threshold and about opening the engine again next year as this time everything will be done properly.



Since I have changed my mind and decided not to go on with the R35 GT-R brake setup, I have traded it in for  a Stoptech brake setup. However, this setup doesn't have the M12 bolts in the front but M14 as it comes from an R34 GT-R. Therefore I needed to enlarge the mounting holes on the wheelmount. This was done on a milling machine. The hardest part was to properly fix the wheelmount so it wouldn't move as I want the holes to be as straight as possible.



And then finally, I was able to mount the front brake system to the car and take some pictures from the side. I think it looks great and exactly as I wanted to have it - black.



And one with the wheel on it :) I really can't wait to see the car finally put back together completely and drive it for the first time after everything is finished.

 

Futher on I risked and bought two CUSCO Bride Vios Seats for the car. I'm not really sure if those are street legal in Austria, but apparently I will find out some day. However, even with the seats I have noticed that the distributor I bought them from doesn't have a clue about the stuff and only want's to sell stuff without really listening to the customers.
In the beginning I told him how tall I am and that I don't want to sit very low as I want to see over the steering wheel. However, he assured that the seats are high enough and would be perfect for me. Now, guess what... Correct, they weren't. They were about 5cm to low (in the highest position on the rail) so I couldn't even really see over the steering wheel. After some time consuming measurements and calculations, I have found the perfect side wall for this seat and rail so I will be ordering it very shortly. Another investment which could have been avoided! Thanks!
Anyway, I have noticed one other thing about the combination of the Bride seat rail and Bride seat, which really left me stunned.
If You mount this seat to the lowest hole in the front and the highest hole in the back, then the seat cannot be adjusted in his front to back position because it is not possible to actuate the handle to unlock the positioning mechanics. Brilliant. At least I would have suspected that with two products which were "manufactured by the same company" the compability would be given.
Also, the quality of the rail welding is as if a 7 year old kid with no experience would have done it. So much for a high quality product.
In the future I will probably rely on European products.
 

More news in part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment